Welcome!

Welcome to my blog where I will share my kindergarten journey with you. My journey began 6 years ago when I was transferred into a kindergarten position after having taught grade 2, and had only intermediate practicum placements. Early childhood was always an area of fascination for me as I am also a mother of 3 grown children. I found the early childhood years to be an area of such huge growth in a child socially, emotionally, cognitively and physically. Seeing the world through their young eyes was  joyful!


Fast forward to the first week I was literally thrown into kindergarten with no other early childhood experience except for my parenting experience, it was a world that seemed so foreign to me. Another educator came in to give me phonemic awareness activities. I remember thinking, "phonemic what?" It was an area that was discussed during my teacher education courses but one I didn't have to really understand until now. I learned so much that year, from the students, and from other colleagues. But what I loved the most, was watching my young learners grow! I haven't looked back.

Every year, I try to change and improve my practice. I read, learn from others, take workshops and take small steps to be a better educator. This past year, I took a leap and enrolled in the Early Childhood graduate diploma through Queen's University. The coursework is online but I interact with other BC colleagues. It's been amazing to have such fabulous resources at my finger tips and to pushed and nudged in my thinking and approach to early childhood. I hope to share what I learn along the way and the learning that takes place inside our classroom.

Please take the time to look through the tabs under the heading where you can find links to posts and resources that I will share along the way.

Comments

Popular Posts