Where I Hope my Journey Takes Me

As I embark on this learning journey that is being nudged along through my coursework as part of the  Early Childhood graduate diploma through Queen's University, I hope to slowly transform the way I teach in my classroom. I am never one to sit still. Anyone who knows me personally, knows I love to  constantly transform my home with thrifted treasures, fabric or paint. I am the same way in the classroom.

Not knowing what I would learn from the program, I am thrilled that it is encouraging me to see early learners through a different lens and to take a look at what my role is and who the child is. It is my role, that I hope to shape and transform. I have several books ready to be read this Christmas, The Hundred Languages of Children by Edwards and Gandini  and Young Investigators: Project Based Learning in the Early Years by Helm and Katz. I'm hoping they can spark further inspiration. I have also joined an inquiry group in my school district called "Imagine the Possibilities" where we explore emergent and responsive curriculum and what that looks like in our classrooms, the image of the child, the classroom environment and our role as teacher.

But what do I hope for the future? 

I hope to one day ladder this diploma into a Masters of Education. I would LOVE to one day take my love for early learning and become a helping teacher in our district. It would be a joy to inspire others.

Comments

Popular Posts